Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:01:25 -0400
From:      Matthias Trevarthan <trevarthan@wingnet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrade with smmsp user is breaking things...

Now we're getting somewhere!

smmsp is NOT uid 6. It's uid 25.

I appologize, I'm relatively new to UNIX, and I thought uid was determine=
d by=20
order in the password file. Now I remember that it is determined by the f=
ield=20
next to the user name.

I DO have a conflict though!

uucp:*:6:6::0:0:UNIX-to-UNIX=20
Copy,system,,:/var/spool/uucppublic:/usr/libexec/uucico
fax:*:6:6::0:0:Facsimile Agent,system,,:/var/spool/fax:nologin

It turns out that uid 6 is my uucp user.

And fax must be a newly created user from mergemaster.

How would the list recommend I rememedy this situation?

Thanks!