Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 01:41:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        Steve Heistand <heistand@heistand.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ata66 support

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Steve Heistand wrote:

> from what I have found on the net so far is that ata66 support wont
> be available until the 4.0 release.  Is this still true or does anyone
> know of something that will be available sooner?

There is a small set of patches available for 3.X that lets your run the
Promise UltraATA-66 controller (in UltraATA-33 mode, but at least that's
an extra 4 ide devices available). I'm currently using that controller
with an IBM 25GB UltraATA-66 drive with no problems.

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com )