Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:42:50 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrading perl

The situation is: running 4-stable, with perl 5.6 from ports, with lots
of packages which depend on it. Now I need to install an application
that requires perl5.8!

Is there a way to switch over to 5.8 without breaking everything? I'm
asking this because I see two different ports in the tree: perl5, which
installs 5.6 and perl5.8 which apparently has what I need, but
portupgrade doesn't understand it (tries to upgrade 5.6 to a newer port
revision).

I tried installing the perl5.8 port (which gets me three versions of
perl installed, *sigh*), but existing applications couldn't find needed
modules.

--
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nath Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't
you understand?