Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 1996 20:09:14 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@originat.demon.co.uk>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        paul@netcraft.co.uk, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: lint..

> Please fix this soon or let me back lint out of the various *.mk files
> so that nothing tries to use it before it's ready.  I'll give you a

Missed this in my last reply, but to make it absolutely clear, nothing's
been changed in the mk files. All that's happened is that I've added
a bootstrap target to install the lint binaries early and the only
place lint is actually used is in the building of lint itself which is
why a bootstrap target was needed in the first place.

We're a long way off enabling lint in the mk files but at least lint is
there for people to use now and if you ignore all the library function
errors it's actually usefull for detecting a lot of things as it is.

--
  Paul Richards, Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)