Date:      08 Sep 2002 11:04:18 -0700
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        erudite <noreply@nospam.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Future 4.7 Release

On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 10:29, erudite wrote:
> Hello there
>
> I have one little but important for me question. XFree 4.2.1 was
> recently released. It is a bug fix release, no new things are there.
> Will it be integrated with FreeBSD 4.7 release version instead of 4.2.0,
> the previous one??

XFree 4.2.1 was primarily a bugfix release for the security hole in
-libraries, though it included small fixes for a few other things.
XFree86-4-libraries, -Servers, and -clients have been updated to 4.2.1
in ports.  The ports for 4.7 will come from the ports tree from around
24 Sep 2002 according to
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.7R/schedule.html

--
Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>