Date:      02 Sep 2002 10:13:19 +0200
From:      Danny Carroll <danny-fbsdlists@dannysplace.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Handlling jail consoles

I'd like to clean up my jail implementations and write some docs about
setting them up.
During this process I started wondering about disabling the virtual
consoles in the jails.

So I guess I have 2 questions.
1. How do I redirect the console messages to a file instead of the
default /dev/ttyv0
2. Do I actually need to disable the jail or is the fact that the tty's
(/dev/ttyvX) don't exist enough for the startup scripts to ignore them?

On this note, I notice that no getty processes are started, so I guess
it *knows* what to do when they are not there.

-D