Date:      Sun, 1 Nov 2009 17:17:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Olaf Seibert <O.Seibert@cs.ru.nl>
Cc:        danny@cs.huji.ca.il, dfr@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.0-RC1 NFS client timeout issue

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Olaf Seibert wrote:

> Thanks, it looks like it should do the trick. I can't try it before
> monday, though.

Although I think the patch does avoid sending the request on the
partially closed connection, it doesn't fix the "real problem",
so I don't know if it is worth testing?

I'm hoping that the "Help TCP Wizards..." thread I just started
on freebsd-current comes up with something.

At least I can reproduce the problem now. (For some reason, I have
to reboot the Solaris10 server before the problem appears for me.
I can't think why this matters, but that's networking for you:-)

rick