Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:37:42 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 5.0-STABLE ???

It doesn't look that way to me:

"Features are only added to the 4-STABLE development branch after a
``settling time'' in -CURRENT. FreeBSD 5.0 does not have the stabilizing
influence of a -STABLE branch. (It is likely that the 5-STABLE development
branch will be created sometime after 5.1-RELEASE or 5.2-RELEASE.)"

and

"Because FreeBSD 5.0 is the first release from the CURRENT branch in over
two years, many of its features are seeing wide exposure for the first time.
Many of these features (such as SMPng) have broad impacts on the kernel."

Looks like it will not be branched from current for at least 3 to 6 months.

Tom Veldhouse