Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 21:30:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Livio Mazzon/MSE <livio@mse.com.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Sat, 20 Dec 1997, Livio Mazzon/MSE wrote:

> I recently upgraded a server from 2.1.6 to 2.2.5, keeping all the data
> intact (ie. I didn't reformat the disks).   However, now I
> have problems every time I boot, there are "rejecting partition" messages
> for many of my partitions.

Your disklabel is out of sync with reality.  How did you do that?  To
upgrade, all you had to do was boot the 2.2.5 boot floppy and select
`upgrade.'  The system will read the existing disklabel; you just specify
the partition<->filesystem mapping and it does the rest.

> Does anybody know how to modify the disklabels to avoid this problem...I
> really can't afford to delete and rebuild the system
> because it is in production...

I think you're stuck with it.  Hope you know the old parameters...