Date:      Tue, 04 Jun 1996 18:44:54 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>, jfieber@indiana.edu, grog@lemis.de, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I write this SGML stuff?

> If you guys would adopt any system for producing docs that's documented
> enough so I could actually use it, I'd be real happy.  Tossing linuxdoc
> would make my day.

Ain't gonna happen though - too much invested in it for a wholesale replacement, unless you're volunteering to rewrite the handbook and FAQ documents from
scratch in a comfortably finite period of time.. :-)

I have to wonder why you can handle troff (yuck!)  and not SGML
though.  It's not as if the markup languages are THAT arcane, and if
you've learned one you should be able to learn the other (the rest of
us did, and we had nothing more to go on than the examples :-).

					Jordan