Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 1996 17:03:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        angio@aros.net, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kbdcontrol change

Lo and behold, Michael Smith once said:
> Dave Andersen stands accused of saying:
> >
> >    I got annoyed with kbdcontrol's inability to put returns or tabs in
> > macros (makes it difficult to do multi-line commands. :), so I patched it
> > to handle \ notation..
>
> Not necessarily a bad thing...
>
> >   kbdcontrol -f 1 "cd /\nls\ncd\n"
>
> But what's wrong with "cd /;nls;ncd" ??

   It still won't handle the trailing return correctly, and it won't work
if you want to make it do a sequence of characters in (say) a text
editor that doesn't support other kinds of macroing.  Admittedly, 16
characters is a really short macro, but you can always hit F1F2 to type
your signature (which, actually, I have it set to do).

   I just feel that it's a change that lends some more functionality
without causing any problems.  And I think it'd be a welcome one based on
the email I got from someone else.

   -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)