Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:20:28 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: windowmaker ports installation

On Sun, Mar 07, 1999 at 03:07:29PM -0600, Michael Maxwell wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 07, 1999 at 02:16:28PM +0100, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
> [...]
> > Then I get an error when it starts configuring, saying that it doesn't
> > find libPropList !!!! The lib is there installed in /usr/local/lib and
> > done by the port for libPropList
> >
> > How does it come that windowmaker configure can't find the library. I
> > would have understood the whole thing if I had fetched the source
> > myself, but now I'm using the port! Am I the only one trying to compile
> > windowmaker and not succeeding?
>
> Try installing libProplist first, then do "ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib"
> See the "ldconfig(8)" man page for more information.

This doesn't help. It still complains that the libPropList is not
installed. I've deinstalled it and reinstalled it since, also. There is
something weird going on!

And the old aout version of windowmaker claims that it should have a
libXpm..so.4.11 which is not on the newly installed system, but
libXpm.so.4, so I just made a symlink from .4 -version to .4.11 but then
windowmaker tells me it has a 'bad magic number in libXpm.so.4.11'

And to anyone wondering xpm 3.4 (I guess it is) is installed, since the
port does that in a very early stage of the windowmaker installation.

So fact is: the port for windowmaker 0.51 doesn't work at all on my
system, and further more fvwm2 wants that now infamous libXpm.so.4.11
also, so I have to stick to nice looking twm :-(

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_