Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:28:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        "Fischer, Oliver" <plexus@snafu.de>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd test matrix

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Fischer, Oliver wrote:
> Having such a beast would be perfect. But a lot of problems are
> involved: Such a tool must be developed or adapted and maintained. And
> collecting data in such a way is not enough. You need a good and easy to
> understand reporting tool. And at least you need volunteers which have
> hardware and time and are willing to share such resources.

Agreed.  Although, many of these challenges face any "open" project (or
any sort of mass coordinated development).

> A small step in this direction of 'continious integration' could be the
> use of mozillas thinderbox. I think it would be a great step forward.

Anyone using tinderbox already?  This is my first time seeing it, have to
RTFM a bit more.

> BTW, are the any tests for the base system to check what all tools works
> properly?

That's what I was wondering...

Is the 'proper' way to test a given machine to simply cvsup and build a
world as usual...  Then observe results.  Or is there some 'test harness'
where you can 'make test' and see a summary of build results?