Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 95 19:46:50 JST
From:      Masahiro SEKIGUCHI <seki@sysrap.cs.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How can I submit a new driver?

This is my first mail to freebsd-kackers.  I'm not on the list,
either.

I'm writing a new Ethernet driver for FreeBSD 2.0.  I think it is now
stable enough to make it publicly available.

How can I submit it to be included in FreeBSD distribution?

Please respond to me <seki@sysrap.cs.fujitsu.co.jp> directly, as I
cannot read messages posted to the freebsd-hackers list.

Thanks.

---

FYI:

The driver is for Fujitsu MB86960A/MB86965A based Ethernet cards,
currently supporting Fujitsu FMV-181 and FMV-182.  (I know these cards
are unknown to most of you, since they are marketed only in Japan.)

I removed card-design-dependent parts from the major parts of the
driver, as much as I could, putting the parts into small hooks.  So It
will be adaptable for other 86960/86965 based cards with only small
changes.