Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2000 23:10:48 -0400
From:      Edward D Hensley <ehensle@attglobal.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ISP ideas?

I have just installed FreeBSD 4.0 on one of my older computers
(Gateway2000 P5-120), and am actually enjoying the process very much. I
am also learning a lot about ISP's and Domains, which brings me to the
point of this email.

I have acquired a domain name that I like, and now want to use it for
internet access, email, etc. However, my current ISp (ATTGLOBAL.NET)
requires that I sign up for Premium service to do so, and then they will
still add on a PRSERV.NET to the end of my name.  By the way, I chose a
.org name since it is only for personal use.

Is this normal? Have I grepped the situation with the wrong options?
Isn't there a way to sign up my domain name and use it for my address?
If I am way off base, I would appreciate someone letting me know.

Anyway, thanks very much to everyone involved in creating such a great
work. I used the BSD PowerPak, and the manual has most everything I need
to know about setting up the system, networking, etc.

Thanks for listening.

If this goes well, I plan to eliminate the windows software off of my
current system, and run only unix...and linux too, of course.
But I will start with a dual boot, I suspect.

Thankfully,

Edward D Hensley
OS390 Systems Engineer

ehensle@attglobal.net