Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 09:43:32 +0100
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: glibstdc 2.8 and linux emulation

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 23, 1999 at 11:33:30AM +0200, Antti Kaipila wrote:
> Any pointers how to get glibstdc 2.8 to work with linux applications
> under FreeBSD's linux emulation. I don't have access to any linux
> machine right now.

> The purpose is to get Linux Office Suite 99's Applixware running under
> FreeBSD.
Hmmm, what about simply running the non-glibc based Applixware?
I've just updated to Applixware 4.4.1 from my former (ca. one year old)
version.
The installation was a breeze. I just followed the installation
instructions for "Slackware" [ rpm2cpio /cdrom/fullnames/... | cpio -iduv ]

-ab

--
: TSE TeleService GmbH  :  Gsf: Arne Reuter        :                 :
: Hovestrasse 14        :       Andreas Braukmann  : We do it with   :