Date:      23 May 1999 13:15:25 -0000
From:      ryuson@263.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to convert .Z to .gz?How to view Big5fonts?

Hello:
      I have some questions about Netscape show Big5 fonts:
I had install big5fonts use ports,and I configure encoding to user_defined(because no Big5 in encoding menu) in netscape
preferences,set variable width font to "Fixed(Eten,big5.eten-0)",
set fixed width font to "Fixed(Eten,big5.eten-0).
When I view a big5 page,use Character Set in netscape View menu
 to set User-Defined encoding to see the page,then X server
will crash.Why?
I move into /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/misc,find out big5 font are
taipei16.pcf.Z and taipei24.pcf.Z. other fonts are all .gz
file.I think I must convert .Z file to .gz file,so netscape
can display Big5 fonts.Is it right? If right,how to convert?
if no right,how to display Big5 font?
Ryuson