Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 1999 08:28:40 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        a disembodied voice emerging from the chaos of reality <cjc26@cornell.edu>
Cc:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UNIX, Darwin, NT (was: Installing Linux (was: Sanity regained -- back with the best))

On Friday, 23 July 1999 at  9:43:23 -0400, a disembodied voice emerging from the chaos of reality wrote:

>>> Look it up in an atlas :)
>>
>> So you are talking about Darwin, Australia, which I figured.  Seeing where
>> in .au it was located however cleared things up, thanks.
>
> Ok, this entire thread has left me VERY confused..Darwin's the capital of
> Northern Territories,

There's only one Northern Territory.

> fine, I knew that, but what's that got to do with UNIX?

The Australian UNIX User Group (AUUG) has a chapter there, and they
had a conference last week.  I went there and did a whole-day FreeBSD
workshop.

> The only thing I can think of is the open-source OS from Apple..?

You might like to know that I looked at a detailed map of NT, and I'm
now able to confirm that in all probability Microsoft NT does not
exist.  If it does, it's so small as to be completely insignificant.

Greg