Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:10:00 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Gene <listmail@Bomgardner.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: suidperl missing?

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 10:02:59AM -0600, Gene wrote:
> I'm running 5.3. In /usr/bin is the link suidperl -> /usr/local/bin/suidperl
>
> However, /usr/local/sbin/suidperl doesn't exist. Nor can I find elsewhere.
>
> I've checked faws and the handbook, but they're not too informative.
>
> Any idea where I can find suidperl or enough info to correct the problem?

A quick look in the Makefile for the lang/perl5.8 port reveals that
suidperl will only be compiled/installed when ENABLE_SUIDPERL is
defined.

So to install perl5.8 with suidperl you should go to the port
and do a 'make ENABLE_SUIDPERL=yes install' (after having deinstalled any
existing installation of course.)

If you are using packages rather than compiling from ports, you are out
of luck.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson