Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:47:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        eivind@dimaga.com (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        adrian@obiwan.aceonline.com.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re : latest Java support source for FreeBSD..

> >/*-
> > * Copyright (c) 1997 Adrian Chadd
> > * All rights reserved.
>
> It would be very nice if you deleted this line, as presently you're not
> even allowing me to read the code you're sending to the mailing list ;-)
> (If you deleted the line, I believe you would get the effect of having the
> BSD copyright for the entire file)

He has reserved all rights, then granted license under the terms of the
standard UCB license.  There's a *lot* of code in the kernel with similar
copyright notices.  Look at the VM system for a lot of examples.

In point of fact, there *must* be a copyright holder, unless he
assigns the code (that's what people who "donated" to CSRG did, and
The Regents became the copyright holder, and therefore able to
grant the license).

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org