Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:23:08 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   cdd produces static ...

Just trying to convert some of my CDs to MP3's, and if I do:

   102  10:06   cdd -t 10 -f acd0
   104  10:11   sox -t cdr /tmp/track-10.cda track-10.wav

And then try to play the resultant .wav file, I get a bunch of static...

The drive is:

wdc0: unit 1 (atapi): <Pioneer CD-ROM ATAPI Model DR-744   0102/E1.02>, removable, accel, dma, iordis
acd0: drive speed 5511KB/sec, 128KB cache
acd0: supported read types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA
acd0: Audio: play, 256 volume levels
acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
acd0: Medium: CD-ROM 120mm audio disc loaded, unlocked

The kernel is 3.3-STABLE, compiled with:

options         ATAPI   #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM
device          acd0

so I think I have all my options compiled in properly...and the above
commands are based on the ripit-atapi port, so hope that the commands are
right...

And xmcd will plays songs off of the CD, so the reading of the drive
appears to be okay...

cdd needs support for that drive, or something even more obvious then that
that I'm missing?

Thanks...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org