Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:18:19 -0800
From:      Mark Atkinson <atkin901@gmail.com>
To:        Mark O'Keefe <bmsg32@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP Proliant DL385G5p Freebsd 8.0 RELEASE AMD64

On 12/10/2009 9:12 AM, Mark O'Keefe wrote:
> Has anyone installed 8.0 release on the proliant series.  I am having an issue that I have never seen before.  I have installed 8.0 amd64 release on the machine but using the ports collection trying to install cvsup-without-gui the machine will just reboot during install.  Has anyone see this before or how to trouble shoot it?

I have a DL385G5 running freebsd-current in the lab with 2 drives in
mirror mode.   I did update to the latest BIOS a while back while
trying to diagnose the superpages issue I have with this box.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.current/111307

Once I turned that off everything runs normal.