Date:      Sat, 21 Mar 1998 23:53:03 +0900
From:      Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@opt.phys.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, GNATS Meister <steve@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Slow query-pr-summary.cgi script

Wolfram Schneider wrote:
> query-pr-summary.cgi run 13-20 seconds for a simple request. This is
> terrible slow. Sometimes it needs 150 (!!) seconds.

  I felt this delay from when I used it for the first time (about 1 year
ago).  I think this delay is normal operation period because hub (aka
www) sometimes takes heavy loads and ${gnats-adm}/index has over 6000
PRs and 400KB of size.

  To avoid this (I think) :

    1) caching result of standard queries.
    2) optimize search routine in query-pr.