Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:55:24 -0800
From:      Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, rysto32@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: Intel 10GBase-LR Ethernet card detected as 10GBase-SR

The problem is that there is no mechanism right now to report on the
fly which optics the adapter actually has. So for the ones that can
differ I had just chosen the most likely value.

If it REALLY bothers you you can change your local code :)

When I get some higher priority issues off my plate I can look again
at doing something dynamic.

Jack