Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 1995 18:06:21 -0500
From:      mcaughey@infi.net (Michael Caughey)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Adding Users?

I've been trying to adduser to my system.  I've had no luck.  So far I've
added to both the /etc/passwd amd the /etc/master.passwd files.  I've been
reading the instructions on how to set up a ftp site.  so I used in the
/etc/passwd file the following line:
ftp:*:15:15:Anonymous ftp:/usr/ftp:

and in the /etc/master.passwd file
ftp::15:15:0:0:Anonymous ftp:/usr/ftp:

what more am I supposed to do?  The instructions say thats it,  I say Bull$#!^^
I can't change directories ownership to the ftp user even after re booting.

I've even tried to do
# pwd_mkdb /etc/passwd

I got some information, which I should have wrote down, but I didn't and I
got and error on the line in the master.passwd when I tried to do the same
thing to it.

   ^^^^^
  @ 0 0 @
     &