Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:10:39 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Jaroslaw Bazydlo <jarekb@ent.mynet.waw.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Realport Xircom 10/100 + Modem 56: anyone successful in 5.0-R

> Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:34:12 +0100 (CET)
> From: Jaroslaw Bazydlo <jarekb@ent.mynet.waw.pl>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
>

> Does anyone manage to make it work under 5.0-RELEASE??? This
> card has code "Realport Xircom 100/100 + Modem 56 + Modem" and
> REM56G-100 on the bottom of it. Of course it works with Windows
> and Linux. I was trying xe and dc drivers. I found someone on
> mailing list archive reporting that he uses it. Not for me.
>
> I have borrowed Xircom Relport2 with the same code wich was detected
> as dc ethernet but still did not work.

Is it a 16 or 32 bit card? If it's 32-bit, it uses if_dc. If it is
16-bit, it uses if_xe.

I have both and both are working for Ethernet. Unfortunately the
modem is non-functional at this time. Do you have devd enabled? What
messages do you get at boot time and/or card insertion?

I am not running RELEASE. I am running RELENG_5_0 which could probably
be called "semi-stable". It may have some fixes that are not in
RELEASE.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)