Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 03:43:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        eriku@silcom.com
Cc:        dmaddox@conterra.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DMA/IRC timeout on SB16

> I've used the pcm drivers. And pcm runs on the idea of a single dma. So if you use the

that is only for the Vibra16X card and because CreativeLabs are not
releasing programming info for this card and the card is different from
the Vibra16C so the same code just does not work.

> I still think there is a way to hack at the sound code so that
> sb0 will allow lower DMA's
>
> I am NOT a programmer so i don't know what's going on.

nice pair of sentences :) please stay with the second one, things are
not as simple as you think.

	cheers
	luigi