Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:51:58 +0800
From:      "ouyang kai" <oykai@msn.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Hi, the kernel how control timeout and interrupt method?

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C24452.2929FDA0

------=_NextPart_002_0001_01C24452.2929FDA0

Hi guys,
 I have two questions, please help.
1. in one book, there are both pfslowtimo(void *arg) and pffasttimo(void =
*arg) in =20
uipc_domain.c, which will be called by timeout, one is called every 500ms=
,
the other is called every 200ms. I want to know how FreeBSD control the t=
imeout?
I want to the kernel how to know it is time to call pfslowtimo or pffastt=
imo?
2. I have a data-line, which connet the COM2 with a special backplane(my =
box's IDE disk
attach by the backplane). I can scan the COM2's state to find whether the=
 IDE disk exist
or not. I use the polling method to scan in user space. =20
 I access '/dev/io' device and get the COM state from the interface addre=
ss.I think this
method is unefficient.
 I think when the COM status change, it should spring an interrupt, the k=
erenl will ignore
the interrupt default, right? I can write an interrupt program, or embed =
my process in the
kernel. But I have no idea how to start. how can I start my task?
 =20
 Thank you!
Best Regards
Ouyang KaiGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://exp=
lorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_002_0001_01C24452.2929FDA0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Hi guys,<BR>&n=
bsp;I have two questions, please help.<BR>1. in one book, there are both =
pfslowtimo(void *arg) and pffasttimo(void *arg) in <BR>uipc_domain.c, whi=
ch will be called by timeout, one is called every 500ms,<BR>the other is =
called every 200ms. I want to know how FreeBSD control the timeout?<BR>I =
want to the kernel how to know it is time to call pfslowtimo or pffasttim=
o?</DIV> <DIV>2. I have a data-line, which connet the COM2 with a special=
 backplane(my box's IDE disk<BR>attach by the backplane). I can scan the =
COM2's state to find whether the IDE disk exist<BR>or not. I use the poll=
ing method to scan in user space. <BR>&nbsp;I access '/dev/io' device and=
 get the COM state from the interface address.I think this<BR>method is u=
nefficient.<BR>&nbsp;I think when the COM status change, it should spring=
 an interrupt, the kerenl will ignore<BR>the interrupt default, right? I =
can write an interrupt program, or embed my process in the<BR>kernel. But=
 I have no idea how to start. how can I start my task?<BR>&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp=
;Thank you!<BR>Best Regards<BR>Ouyang Kai</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&n=
bsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE =
MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'http://explorer.msn.com'>http://explor=