Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 09:07:58 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
Cc:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, adoyle@viewsnet.com
Subject:   Re: rpm and WordPerfect Office 2000

> > > Of course, I sure like my FreeBSD's box (which takes a lot bigger
> > > beating than that secretarial win98 machine)'s uptime:
> > >
> > >  3:46AM  up 101 days, 21:45, 15 users, load averages: 1.22, 1.18, 1.25
>
> I'm waiting until I can beat my record -- a Linux box w/uptime of 425 days
> until I had to shut it down to replace the batteries in the building's
> UPS.  The thing was running on Linux kernel 1.2.8 until last January...

There have been boxes that have beat this regularly posted to the list.
I think we had a 2-year box that was upgraded from FreeBSD 1.1.5.1
upgraded in the last year that had 2.5 year uptime.

Me, I've had that beat by numerous FreeBSD boxes with UPS's on them, but
I didn't post because others had soundly thrashed my numbers already. :)

Nate