Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:46:20 +0200
From:      Alain Thivillon <Alain.Thivillon@hsc.fr>
To:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Michael.Reifenberger.gp@icn.siemens.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partial success with current on Laptop.

Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org> écrivait (wrote) :

> Do you have acpi enabled in your kernel?

	no. I have tried ACPI some days ago, but system boot becomes
incredibly slow (for example, syslogd complained about something like
'child process timeout' after enabling ACPI). All system activity such
as fork and so was affected.

> and processor power management portion of acpi is not implemented yet.
> All of the power resource components such as fan are just turned on at
> booting for now :-)

Other problem with -CURRENT and laptops is that system time is not
reinitialised after suspend and resume :)