Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:22:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      R S <rstunna1@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   post install issues (Network card)

I've recently installed FBSD on a Sony VAIO laptop.  I
have a Kingston Network pc card installed.  The
install goes fine, but can someone tell me why:

1. during the network interfaces configuration.... the
pc card is noticed as ed1 instead of ed0?  Shouldnt it
be ed0..... or does it matter?

2. after the install is complete, and the system
reboots back to a login prompt... in the login field I
get a "pccard[50] ed1 device started".  Why does it do
that?  Why does that message come up before I even
login?

Please help me :(