Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 17:05:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Subject:   Re: AfterStep 1.4.?

>> [Where the @#$%^ is the AS-1.4.4 port?]
>
>Well, the sooner you submit an update of the port to jfitz, and
>remind him to submit the necessary patches to the AfterStep
>maintainer, the sooner the latest version will be available in
>the ports system.  :)

Before you get your panties bound up too tight over this I think Brett
Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu> is already on this mission.  I
did the 1.4.0 port and hated every second of it.  According to Brett
they've removed all the linux-centric cruft, fixed a few outstanding
problems, changed some other things and it works pretty well now.  If we
apply enough pressure maybe he'll drop everything else and do the port!
:-)

Brian