Date:      Fri, 16 May 2014 17:44:34 +0300
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Ali_Okan_Y=C3=9CKSEL?= <kaox.gen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   hard reset impacts on ufs file system

incident:
=3D=3D
file corruption after hard reset on FreeBSD 8.3

details:
=3D=3D
Hard reset examined on freebsd 8.3. after reboot libncurses.so.8 was 0
byte. And I couldn't login to system. It gave me error message about
/bin/sh - libncurses.so.8 corruption. (libncurses depens /bin/sh I guess)
I found the problem by using fixed shell.

solution:
=3D=3D
I copied libncurses.so.8 from another system. When I did it problem solved.

question:
=3D=3D
Is it known situation? Did you ever live a problem like this?

Kind regards,
Ali Okan Y=C3=BCksel

--=20
http://www.siyahsapka.org