Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 1996 13:38:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        marino.ladavac@aut.alcatel.at
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can FreeBSD be used in a commercial way?

> > 3)	You have to include the credit clauses for everyone in the
> > 	sources for the components you use.  This should take one
> > 	or two pages of fine print (like the trademark acknowledgement
> > 	page) in your distributed docuemntation.
>
> Shouldn't a file listing copyright lines be enough?  I.e, he doesn't
> really have to print it?

Yes.  I felt that if he were doing manuals, printing it would be
easiest.  Easier than a "README" in "/".

He could take the existing distribution tree, dike out the GPL parts,
replace tar, build his own distribution, and not have to deal with
any changes to the OS itself, only his printed docs.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.