Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:35:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RE: that INVARIANT/ucred freeing stuff.

:>:John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
:>
:>     Don't try to overengineer the problem.  Unless you believe there is
:>     a serious problem, there is no need to put a check in every single
:>     conceivable place an error might occur.  Just putting a few safety checks
:>     in a few critical places should be sufficient.
:
:I don't know where all the places we might look at a ucred wrongly are.  That's
:why I wanted the much simpler solution of just clearing td_ucred to NULL so we
:had an implicit KASSERT for us in all those places.
:
:--
:
:John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/

    This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.  *NOTHING* was using td_ucred
    until just a few days ago, so unless *you* are blindly changing all
    p->p_ucred's into td->td_ucred's, I don't see how it can become an issue.

						-Matt