Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:11:47 +0400
From:      The Ghost <the-ghost@inbox.ru>
To:        d.forsyth@ru.ac.za, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 264, Issue 3

DA Forsyth wrote:
> On 22 Jun 2009 , freebsd-questions-request@freebsd.org entreated
> about
>  "freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 264, Issue 3":
>
>>> I am trying to find out the temperature of my CPU. After a whole night
>>> from dusk till dawn of searching the Web like a furious spider, I got
>>> the following results: it can be done via either ISA or SMB, with one of
>>> the ports: lmmon, healthd, consolehm or mbmon, and there are also few
>>> modules that are required in the kernel: smb, smbus, intpm, ichsmb
>
> I used a TUSL2 board for a while for one of my servers and mbmon
> worked fine with it.  I did have to compile mbmon without SMB support
> though (just look inside the Makefile for the right thing to define
> to prevent smb support).  Then when you do a 'mbmon -d' it will tell
> you what it finds.   I never even tried adding smb support to the
> kernel until after I upgraded both the motherboard and BSD to 7.1 and
> was curious to see what it might give me.
>
> cya
>
> --
>        DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
> Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research
> http://www.ru.ac.za/institutes/iwr/

Holy cahones de la... *skipping few languages* ...rear of Vyagrimukha
and Leviathan!! I'm so happy, de merde!.. So, like... When installing
mbmon, it gives you an option to disable SMB support; I did never even
think about disabling it because where would it take the data from?!.. I
do not have ISA or I2C, so SMB seemed like the only way. But, with this
support, it's completely impossible to read the temperatures (and -d
says that, like, ICH found but there is hardware monitor on it...), and
when you disable this support - it reads everything properly!! Thank you
very much, my new old CPU will now rest happily knowing that I always
watch carefully after its temperature...