Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 15:23:59 -0400
From:      myoung@scaleable.com (Fred Young)
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Multiple network cards

I've been reading the document "IP Aliasing on FreeBSD 2.x" at
http://www.cypher.net/~black/ipalias.html.

The document states:
	This differs from the situation with multiple physical interfaces in a
machine which must always have addresses in different IP networks.

Why is this? I tried putting multiple physical interfaces in my machine and
ifconfig'ed them both to the same network. This worked okay, other machines
can access both IP addresses, but I noticed, using a network snooper that
all transmits from my machine originated from the first interface, even if
it was addressed to the second interface. Is there anything I can do to
remedy this?