Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2013 21:02:41 +0100 (BST)
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
To:        edwinlculp@gmail.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I can no longer us portmaster -a

>Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:35:57 -0500
>Subject: I can no longer us portmaster -a
>From: "Edwin L. Culp W." <edwinlculp@gmail.com>
>To: freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>

>I can no longer us portmaster -a.  System info and results follow.  Thanks
>for your suggestions.
>
># uname -a
>FreeBSD home.encontacto.net 9.1-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p5 #543
>r253834: Wed Jul 31 06:42:38 CDT 2013
>root@home.encontacto.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENCONTACTO
> amd64
>
># portmaster -a
>===>>> Gathering distinfo list for installed ports
>
>===>>> Starting check of installed ports for available updates
>
>===>>> The misc/kdehier port has been deleted: Has expired: Depends on QT3
>===>>> Aborting update
>
>===>>> Killing background jobs
>Terminated
>===>>> Exiting
>
>I think that I have UPDATING all up to date, especially kde and family.
>Portmaster is up to date and works fine with specific ports.
>
>Thanks for any suggestions, corrections, etc..
>
>ed

I'm in a hurry now, but:

MINKY> make -C /usr/ports/ search name=kdehier
Port:   kdehier-1.0_11
Info:   Utility port which installs a hierarchy of shared KDE directories
Maint:  ports@FreeBSD.org
B-deps:
R-deps:
WWW:

Port:   kdehier4-1.1.1
Info:   Hierarchy of shared directories for KDE 4 ports
Maint:  kde@FreeBSD.org
B-deps:
R-deps:
WWW:

Port:   misc/kdehier
Moved:
Date:   2013-07-26
Reason: Has expired: Depends on QT3

MINKY>

There's nothing wrong with portmaster, it just
tells you that you have a port installed, which
is no longer available, and hence it cannot be processed
automatically, a user intervention is required.

YOu probably want to do:

portmaster -o misc/kdehier4 misc/kdehier

but please check the syntax in the man page,
I haven't got the time right now.

Anton