Date:      21 Jul 2002 21:25:13 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Administrators - GUI's or Command lines

At 2002-07-21T23:08:17Z, "Grant Cooper" <grant.cooper@nucleus.com> writes:

> quick question for the admins, do you guys perfer to work out of a GUI
> such as KDE or just from freeBSD CLI(command line interface)?

I'm a huge Gnome fan.  However, for administration, I mostly refuse to touch
GUI configurators.  When I update the configuration of a complex system, I
want to know *exactly* what's being changed.  Furthermore, after learning
how to configure different programs, I find 'vi complex-program.conf' to be
extremely user-friendly.  Most config files are more well-documented than
their GUI counterparts.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Strauser Group - http://www.strausergroup.com/