Date:      07 May 15 13:16:07 -0800
From:      unforgettable@yonet.org (Frankie Fung)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   About the network of FreeBSD

Hello,

    I have problem when I have installed the FreeBSD 2.0.
    When I finished it and try to use my network to telnet
    to FreeBSD from my other computer, I cannot sucess it.
    When FreeBSD was loading, I saw that ed1 is my network
    which treated it as NE1000 (8-bit), however, my network
    is a NE2000 compatible network card, it is a artisoft
    product. The ed1 treated my network card as NE1000, and
    then after login to "root" and pass the password, I
    then type "ifconfig ed1 192.168.112.1". My IP address is
    set as 192.168.112, and then the FreeBSD kernel complain
    me as "Unforgettable kernel : Device Timeout of ed1"
    something like that. This message will show to me
    sometime. And then when I type "ifconfig ed1" to check
    whether it is okay or not, I find that it is okay.
    I see that it have a IP address to me. Then I try to
    TELNET at the FreeBSD side, it is okay too, just
    sometime it will have device timeout.
    After that, I try to TELNET from my other computer side,
    I set the DOS side as 192.168.112.240, and try to telnet
    192.168.112.1, it is no response.

    I just want to know how to solve this problem.

Best regards,
Frankie Fung
E-mail : unforgettable@yonet.org