Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:30:24 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Intranova Networking Group <oogali@intranova.net>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        jamiE rishaw - master e*tard <jamiE@arpa.com>, Tom <tom@uniserve.com>, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bugtraq posts:  stream.c - new FreeBSD exploit?

This is bad, I started working on it around 7am, did a little program that
flooded another machine at home in 50ms intervals with a spoofed TCP/IP
packet, and the FreeBSD machine gave no indication of trouble, load
averages jumped a little from 0.00 to 0.22, then it rebooted, then this
morning my machine at work was hit and it rebooted, after rebooting,
syslog was cluttered with ICMP bandwidth limiting messages.

But for one thing I ran three instances of my program simultaneously, so
maybe that could help someone...

I really have no idea on what to say now...

Omachonu Ogali
Intranova Networking Group