Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 14:05:20 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <Don@PartsNow.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   computer testers

Are there any quick and repeatable utilities for testing basic
PC hardware (memory, cache, CPU, io and disk? I know you can run a 'make
world', but that seems like a drastic and dangerous way to expose
problems. Morgan's Disk Toolkit (aka M'S**t ScanDisk), NDD and MemTest
come to mind.
	I think this is even more pertinent with so many non-parity
Pentium chipsets out there ( like some of mine!  8-( )
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *