Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:31:57 -0300
From:      "Vitor de Matos Carvalho" <vitor@softinfo.com.br>
To:        "FreeBSD-Stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <security-officer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Brazil time zone file sets DST incorrectly

Hi people,

It would like to leave here a "protest" against the Security Officer Team of
the FreeBSD.

I know what it was not an imperfection of Core, more, this "problem" already
could have been communicated the administrators of servers who has as time
zone the BRT. In the last sunday, the servers that they use the time zone
BRT had had its advanced clocks in 1 hour, moving for BRST, as if in the
Brazil the summer time was started.

I detected this "problem" and i made one bug report telling the problem.

The Greg Lehey returned me an email saying that it could not make nothing
because who had only been I had communicated of the problem. I showed it
page to it of the Brazilian Government informing on the beginning of the
summer time here in the Brazil and it it did not return the email. In the
following day I made one patch to be able to solve this problem and sent for
freebsd-bugs. Again nobody said swims, only the Andrew Brown answered me
sending one patch to correct.

Detected the DST problem, because the Security Team did not notify? It will
be that this error for being of did not enteresse of administrators of
servers who twirl in the E.U.A do not deserve that he is notified? It did
not want that it made mention to my name, nor that patch was used mine, only
that was communicated to all of the occurrence. The correction already was
made in default branch, now goes to wait for more how much time it goes for
RELENG_4

 Regards,
 Vitor de Matos Carvalho
 System Network Administrator - Softinfo Network
 FreeBSD - The Power To Serve