Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 05:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rohit Panda <prohit99@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problem installing window manager

--0-1790406387-1002543699=:21035

hi ,

iam trying to install  the window manager after i installed my X server.what window manager should i use.and iam not able to use the ports collection .though a file named x11(its not a directory in my case ,dont know why :(- ),when i give the command

file x11

it gives some error and says not a file.

so now how do i install a manager and which manager should i install.and if at all i install managers like KDE ,what all file i have to download (as there r lot of files).and i have heard about window maker  which is a window manager.i am in a fix,plz help me out.

thanx

rohit

NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting, just $8.95/month. Yahoo! by Phone.
--0-1790406387-1002543699=:21035

<P>hi ,</P>
<P>iam trying to install&nbsp; the window manager after i installed my X server.what window manager should i use.and iam not able to use the ports collection .though a file named x11(its not a directory in my case ,dont know why :(- ),when i give the command </P>
<P>file x11 </P>
<P>it gives some error and says not a file.</P>
<P>so now how do i install a manager and which manager should i install.and if at all i install managers like KDE ,what all file i have to download (as there r lot of files).and i have heard about window maker&nbsp; which is a window manager.i am in a fix,plz help me out.</P>
<P>thanx </P>
NEW from Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy <a
href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1" target="_blank">web site hosting</a>, just $8.95/month. Yahoo! by Phone</a>.
--0-1790406387-1002543699=:21035--