Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:57:21 +0800
From:      Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Threaded X libraries

I'm attempting to build the X11 libs with the thread safety stuff (I beleive
Linux can already be built like this) and have discovered when linking that we
don't have the getpwnam_r & getpwuid_r functions in out libc_r. Is anyone
planning on adding these?

	Stephen

It's all part of my plan to make SDL (Sam Lantinga's Simple Direct Media
Layer) work. It dies quite frequently when starting sound & graphics in some
of the test apps. I am suspicious that it requires a threadsafe libX11.
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

    "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
     the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
     this is not true."            Robert Wilensky, University of California