Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 2009 21:24:07 +0000
From:      Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   cam warnings on powerpc and amd64 when using an iPod

I've seen a couple of error messages from cam both when using an
iPod over firewire on an iBook and when using it over USB on an amd64
laptop.

The first is when I plug in a 4th-generation iPod into my iBook - it
generates an error:

(da0:sbp0:0:0:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST info?:deadc0de csi:de,ad,c0,de
asc:21,0

The same error is generated when I unmount /dev/da0s2.

Then, I plugged the iPod into my amd64 laptop, unplugged it and then
plugged it in again.  This triggered the log message:

can't re-use a leaf (minimum_cmd_size)!

I've put dmesgs from both systems, showing the errors at
http://www.cran.org.uk/~brucec/freebsd/amd64_laptop_dmesg.txt and
http://www.cran.org.uk/~brucec/freebsd/ppc_ibook_g4_dmesg.txt

The iBook is running -current from Sat Feb 21 and the amd64 laptop is
running -current from Wed Feb 18.

--
Bruce Cran