Date:      Fri, 16 May 2014 13:05:55 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        mexas@bris.ac.uk,  "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, =?UTF-8?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=C5=82a?= <trasz@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Workaround for "fatal firmware error" iwn(4) problem.

It's likely part the firmware and pat the driver.

Yeah, we need a way to recover from a firmware crash. I and others in
the open source community don't have documentation to know what the
hell is or isn't permissable with firmware :(

Ed - the reason why ieee80211_runtask() doesn't always run is because
it can get paused during things like scanning and interface-down
things. Your best bet is to create a new taskqueue in iwn and a task
that runs on an iwn taskqueue.

(And yeah, I really do need to rip out the taskqueue abuse by the
net80211 scan code so a scan doesn't stop tasks from running. Grr.)

-a