Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 01:46:47 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panics while reading Solaris CDROM

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 01:11:17AM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> I get very consistant panics when doing ``find . -type f |xargs grep
> foo'' on a Solaris CDROM in my Plextor 8x CDROM drive (device cd0).  I'm
> not sure how to proceed in fixing this.

On another machine (CVSuped and make world on Thur evening), the same
command also crashes.  The machine was so wedged, I couldn't drop into
DDB, nor scroll to the first panic messages, but this is the last one:

Fault trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
fault virual address = 0x8
fault code = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xc012f531
stack pointer = 0x10:0xc4ab966c
frame pointer = 0x10:0xc4a69678
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
             = DPL0, pres1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags = interupt enable, resume, IOPL=0
current process = 328 (egrep)
interupt mask = net tty bio cam
trap number = 12
panic: page fault
(da0:ahc0:0:0:0) Synchronize cache failed, status == 0xb, scsi status == 0x0