Date:      Mon, 5 Oct 1998 17:35:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   boot loader problems..

[Let me preface this by saying that this is very probably my fault --
I probably missed doing something]

I'm running -current as of 4pm Oct 5 (today)

I compiled an ELF kernel. That went fine.
I went to /sys/boot and did a
  make depend
  make
  make install

FreeBSD is on slice 3 of the one and only IDE drive
[In case it matters, partition 1 is NT. partition 2 is FAT. The
machine boots into the NT loader, which then boots the FreeBSD boot
blocks]

I did a disklabel -B /dev/rwd0s3

Reboot.

The loader can't figure out where it was loaded from -- thus it
defaults to disk0 (floppy drive). I can change the currdev setting to
disk1s3 and it boots up fine.

Any ideas as to what I missed?
The list archives don't have anything on this yet (too new), and all
the mails I saved on this don't show what I missed.

Thanks
Viren
--
Viren R. Shah, viren @ rstcorp . com, http://www.rstcorp.com/~vshah/
If you understand what you're doing, you are not learning anything