Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 1997 08:44:17 -0700
From:      "Freeman P. Pascal IV" <pascal@compute.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Freeman Pascal <pascal@compute.com>, demasi@informix.com
Subject:   Problems with onboard Adaptec 7870 on Intel ALTServer motherboard...

I'm experiencing problems with 2.2.1-RELEASE on an Intel ALTServer
motherboard.  The system installed fine, but it randomly generates
SCSI timeouts that hang the controller and the system.

I've read in the freebsd-questions archive that the fix was to move
up to 2.1-STABLE.  I assume that the fixes would also be in
2.2.1-RELEASE.

Has anyone else seen this problem and is there a fix?

Please say "yes" - I have four of these systems and I want them to
work with FreeBSD.

-Freeman

		C O M P U T E   I N T E N S I V E ,   I N C .
                        (A Member of the Verio Group)
     Freeman P. Pascal IV	  Phone Work:  (800) 273-5600
     Compute Intensive, Inc.		Home:  (510) 232-0914
     8001 Irvine Center Drive  	         FAX:  (510) 236-2396
     Suite 1130			  Email Work:  pascal@compute.com
     Irvine, CA 92618	        	Home:  pascal@pascal.org
					Work:  http://www.verio.com
					Home:  http://www.pascal.org
   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that
   whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting
   life.		 	- John 3:16 (KJV)